Prittlewell Priory is a medieval priory founded in the 12th Century by monks of Cluniac Priory of St. Pancreas. It became a private residence after Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries. at this time much of the building was destroyed so much of it was altered in the 1700s, and again a century later. In 1842 Daniel Scratton and his family inherited the property and lived in it. The last owner handed the property and Priory Park over to the council, and it is now a museum.